Centre for the Third Age Education
Coordinator: Prof. Antonio Guerci
The Project wider objective were to develop, accumulate and take care of human capital
through life-long learning promotion and social inclusion of elderly people into the
system of informal and continuing education in Azerbaijan, Russia and Ukraine.
The Project specific objectives were:
- To carry out awareness raising campaign on issues related to the Third Age
Education in Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Russia.
- To establish Third Age Education Centres by January 2015 in partner country
institutions and to maintain their sustainable functioning.
- To promote equality of schooling and to advance the intergenerational exchange
between seniors and younger people.
The principal outcomes and outputs of the Project were:
- Enhancement of knowledge about issues related to TAE among academic community
in the 3 partner countries: elaborated TAE Concept and Model; created scientific
virtual network of EU and partner countries experts working on TAE; research
papers and practical measures in the field of TAE in partner countries.
- Creation of TAE Centres in the 9 partner countries institutions: equipment
purchased for Centres; trained staff of partner countries institutions;
developed study programs for seniors.
- Pilot operation and autonomous running of the created TAE Centres: equipped
multimedia TAE Laboratories; 180 seniors trained as trainers; updated study
programs for seniors.
- Dissemination and public awareness of issues related to TAE among community in the partner countries: project dissemination package; developed
web-platform; increased number of recruited third age students.
- Project sustainability: cooperation agreements in the area of TAE; developed
- Quality assurance, control and monitoring: improved project study materials
and services for third age students.
Project management: project working plans and reports (including financial).
This lead to increased number of elderly people included into the
educational system in Azerbaijan, Russia and Ukraine.